The Erasmus+ project KA1 for Youth workers Rule “Only One Time” nb. 2018-3-RO01- KA105-061350, financed by the European Union, was facilitated by AR Vocational and Investment Solutions – ARVIS (Romania). The course was run at Manastirea Humorului, Romania, between 6 – 13 April 2019. The objectives of the project were:
1. Empowering the knowledge in the womanhood field in order to motivate the teenagers to be active in the gender equality area;
2. Developing the competences in youth work by learning and experimenting alternative solutions to support femininity values.
3. The development of a proactive attitude and behavior by designing and applying a support-programme, in the local communities, which will involve other interested actors. The methods used were specific to non-formal education and were meant to develop the trainees’ creativity and involvement: knowledge and trust exercises, reflection exercises; a lecture, PP presentations; open space, round table, workshops, learning café; roles play, simulations; watching short movies; study visits; trip. The expected results were:
– Youth workers gaining the necessary competences for helping girls and young women to be informed and fight against gender discrimination.
– Organizations enlarging their expertise area and educational offer;
– Communities developing a proactive behavior towards the teenagers